Mu-Gamma Educational Foundation
The Mu-Gamma Educational Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation with a mission to:
- Aid, encourage, promote and contribute to the education of members of the Mu-Gamma Chapter;
- Promote the scholarship, character, and morality of, and provide educational opportunities and facilities for, Mu-Gamma members; and
- Further sound learning through the establishment and financing of fellowships and scholarship incentives and awards for the benefit of such students.
The Educational Foundation raises funds for and makes grants to or for the benefit of, the Chapter in furtherance of such mission. The Educational Foundation is currently focused on raising funds on a tax-deductible basis for two primary purposes:
- Fund the construction and maintenance of the portions of a new Chapter House and surrounding facilities that are dedicated to educational purposes (such as study rooms, libraries, desks, and bookshelves); and
- Establish and fund scholarships and grants to deserving Texas A&M students who are current members of the Mu-Gamma Chapter.
In addition to such purposes, from time to time the Educational Foundation may pay Chapter expenses that are allocable to educational and charitable activities and programs conducted at leadership schools, educational workshops or meetings; and the publication of materials of an educational, charitable, literary or scientific nature. Monies contributed to the Educational Foundation Fund are held and managed by the Mu-Gamma Educational Foundation Board, which has the discretion to allocate such funds as it determines to be appropriate in support of the aforementioned purposes. Current members of the Educational Foundation Board are:
Pat Brockette, President (Zeta ’88)
David Monk, Vice President (Eta ’89)
Brian Kuper, Treasurer (Alpha ‘84)
Eddy Wetsel, Secretary (Zeta ’88)
The Mu-Gamma Educational Foundation has applied to the U.S Internal Revenue Service for recognition of exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to the Educational Foundation are intended to be tax-deductible to the extent provided by law, and the Educational Foundation’s activities are intended in all respects to be limited to those that are permissible by organizations that qualify for such exemption. You are encouraged to consult your tax adviser with regard to these matters.
If you are interested in making a donation to the Kappa Sigma Mu-Gamma Educational Foundation, please mail a check to:
The “Mu-Gamma Educational Foundation” at 9615 Dove Meadow, Dallas, Texas 75243.
To obtain additional information about the Mu-Gamma Educational Foundation or the Capital Campaign, please contact Pat Brockette, Educational Foundation President, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (214) 346-3967.